Saturday, March 10, 2007

About me.

I have mentioned that this blog business is a serious ego trip and that it seems presumptuous of me to think that my musings would be of any interest to anyone. . .except me. However, in the interests of clarity, if for no other reason, I want to explain who I am.

I am a 72 year old (in a couple of weeks) living with my wife in Lutz, just north of Tampa, Florida. We had lived in New York where I was -- and still am, albeit in "retired status" -- a member of the New York Bar. We became sick and tired of cold weather and snow and two-hour commutes and moved to Florida some 39 years ago, making us natives. I became an attorney for a land company which, through no acts of mine, decided to become bankrupt when people balked at buying suspect land.

I then went to work with the Florida Department of Health and Rehabilitatiove Services and, later, with the state Department of Revenue, where I stayed for just under 25 years before retirement.

I am spending that retirement writing occasional articles for Associate Content, doing a lot of reading, some travel and really enjoying 14 grandchildren.

During the past months, I have taken a job with Jackson Hewitt Tax Services and, for a part time job, it's pretty neat. Nice people, nice managers and a bit of extra money.

Next year, if all goes well, wife, Joan, and I will be taking 4 children, spouses and all 14 grandchildren on a cruise to celebrate our 50th anniversary. That should be fun and provoke a few blog entries.

No comments: