Saturday, April 28, 2007

My writing at Associated Content not very successful

First of all, I have said that I write for AC to avoid boredom and to exercise whatever writing ability I might have. I am hardly as prol;ific as others and, as a result, do not have the "page views" or earnings as others. On the other hand, I do not go out of my way to promote myself.

In any event, as of this morning, my statistics show that I have written a total of 80 articles, have an aggregate of 18,900 page views, or an average of 233 per article. Two of the articles have in excess of 1000 "views" and I guess that's OK since 9/24/06 when I started. I still send missives to the local papers, the Tampa Tribune, a not-too-good paper, poorly written and devoid of news, and the St. Petersburg Times, which is far better. I submit periodic writings to the latter's opinion/blog site.

I envy those people who can make a living out of this craft. I wish I had started writing many, many years ago.

I'm keeping busy and meeting, through AC and this Blog, all sorts of nice people.

No comments: